I owe a huge thank you (and a direct link back to his blog) to pikeknight, aka author Daniel Pike, for nominating me for the “Very Inspiring Blogger Award.” Oh and I need to mention that you need to hear the quote being said in a very loud announcer type voice.
I do love these awards and the spirit in which they are given. It is yet another award that lets the blogging world learn a bit more about the nominee and allows you to nominate other bloggers who are inspiring to you. I once read somewhere that the purpose of these type of awards are designed for the “under 200 followers” blogger in order to spread the word about their site and who the blogger is.
Whatever the reason, they are fun and a good way to interact with your existing followers and a way of showing them how much you appreciate their support. It is also a practically painless way to involve yourself with the blogging community. I’m not going to lie and say that they are completely painless. I go through an agony of indecision when I have to nominate other bloggers. I follow so many who follow me (and if I’m not following you, will you kindly point that out to me? My administrative skills are a bit on the sparse side).
Right, soap box bit over and now on to the RULES of receiving the award. *Hang on a minute, I hear you cry. There are rules?? The answer is yes, I’m afraid. Like life itself, there are no free lunches or free awards. A price must be paid. Sorry.*
The 5 rules are as follows:
1. Display the award logo on your blog. Check.
2. Link back to the person who nominated you. Double check.
3. State 7 things about yourself. This is a hard one please forgive me if I list things you know already.
4. Nominate 15 other bloggers for this award and link to them. This one is even harder! So hard to choose.
5. Notify those bloggers of the nomination and the award’s requirements.
Amazingly this one can also be difficult.
And, as Jackie Gleason used to say, away we go.
7 things about me:
- I had a heart attack on the 30th of August this year. “All the King’s horses and all the Kings men” put me back together again, but, with a flawed aorta.
- My last ever cigarette was smoked on the 30th of August this year. Amazing how a little thing like a heart attack and emergency surgery will convince you to quit.
- Since I’ve stopped smoking I haven’t been tempted to have one, but, I do dream about smoking. Oh yes indeed, friends and neighbours, I dream smoke.
- I have a bit of a thing about cowboy boots and hats (western or otherwise) I own 8 pairs of boots and ten hats.
- After my emergency surgeries I now have more than 10 scars on my body. My daughter calls me Miles Quaritch.
- I have turned into a bit of a hypochondriac. Not surprising really after the last 4 months I’ve had.
- I have written ever since I was 11 years old. You’d think I would be better at it by now.
And the nominees are…
- Cinema Schminema
- Written in Blood
- Mad Ramblings and Assorted Musings
- ISSAC’S PICTURE CONCLUSIONS
- Deep Red Rum
- MARKED MOVIES
- Tim’s Film Reviews
- Head In A Vice
- J.P.’s I’m Outta Here Movie Thoughts
- True Mister Six
Now as I start the long arduous task of notifying everyone that I nominated, I’ll apologise profusely for not nominating any of the other deserving blogs I follow. Maybe it they ever create an award that allows me to nominate hundreds of blogs, I can include everyone. I’d also like to thank the WordPress community and other folks, who have taken the time to not only blog, but to comment, like and follow my blog. Thanks. I’d also like to thank the WordPress staff for Freshly Pressing my blog post earlier this year (just a few days before my heart attack actually. Hmmmmm…) helping me to reach so many more people in the community. I am addicted to blogging and it’s nice to meet and interact with so many other folks who suffer the same addiction.
I’ll leave you with Ren and Stimpy’s Happy Happy Joy Joy as sung by Stinky Wizzleteats. Enjoy!
- Very Inspiring Blogger Award Winner! (beefelle.com)
- A new Award !!! (utesmile.wordpress.com)
- The Very Inspiring Blogger Award (punamjr.wordpress.com)
- Very Inspiring Blogger Award (sugarandspicebaking.com)
- Very Inspiring Blogger Award (4writersandreaders.wordpress.com)
- “The Very Inspiring Blogger Award” (scenickviewz.wordpress.com)
- Two Award Nominations?! (rjnielsen.wordpress.com)